Old September 20th 06, 03:25 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Craig Fink

Default Shuttle Pass at 5:50 AM

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:09:16 +0000, George Evans wrote:

in article , Craig Fink at
wrote on 9/20/06 6:42 AM:

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:27:11 +0000, George Evans wrote:

I just made a naked eye observation of ISS and Shuttle pass. My location is
in Southern California. ISS was steady, Atlantis "appeared" to be tumbling
with two regular flashes with a period of about a second.

What could cause this?

That's a really fast period for the Shuttle, must have been flashes from
reflections of the Sun off of bright surfaces. I'm looking forward to
seeing them tomorrow at 6:45, if they're still up there. 6:45 Central or
7:45 Eastern, would be the second landing opportunity. Maybe they'll get
an extra day onorbit. ;-)

My sentiments, too.

You know I really wish NASA and Russia had worked a little harder to
figure out how to dock an extra Soyuz with the Shuttle docked to the Space
Station. This mission would have been a really good opportunity to get
some nice pictures of the Shuttle docked with the Space Station. Maybe
there will be some other opportunities in the future.

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @