Old June 10th 07, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: It's nebula season again

Richard Crisp wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

Richard Crisp wrote:

it is nebula season again!

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ic1...2hao3_page.htm

i also added a marked up map showing some obscure things on the image.
there
are many other things that are not marked on this map so I caution you...

NO, I've still got a huge list of galaxies to work on.

I'd only need about 500 shots to cover that field!

Nothing but clouds here. Raining lightly right now. I had a clear night a
couple nights ago. It was a good month since I last imaged. I forgot to
turn on temp compensation for the focuser and the dew heater which I
didn't need in the super dry air all winter. So wasted that 2 hour window
I have between end and start of astro twilight. Still on galaxies. They
don't image well at narrowband bandwidths!

I suppose I should give a shot at the elephant trunk in IC 1396. There
are a few others that will fit in my FOV. I do need to add a wide field
system to the mount. Not in the budget at this time unfortunately.

why not strap a 35mm camera to the side of your scope and open the shutter
for 45-90 minutes?

I got rid of all my dark room equipment. Can't develop film any more.
I never had much luck with commercial development nor do I have a
negative scanner.

Rick