Old August 6th 12, 07:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Kohoutek 1-14

Kohoutek 1-14/K1-14 is an interesting planetary nebula in Hercules.
It's central star is a double star with a separation of only 0.34". The
star is off center in the planetary and nearly hidden by a much brighter
field star a bit over 2" away. It is uncertain if the off center
central star is due to effects of the companion or due to the
interstellar medium moving the nebula in relation to the star.

Seeing was rather poor when I took this image. I was unable to separate
the central star from the much brighter field star. It just shows as a
blue tinge on the southwestern side of the field star. I need to try
again on a much better night.

Rick
--
Prefix is correct. Domain is arvig dot net

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K1-14L4X10RGB2X10R.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	4215  Click image for larger version

Name:	K1-14L4X10RGB2X10R-CROP150.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	4216