Old October 10th 03, 02:09 AM
Stuf4

Default Microgravity parable

From Rand:
Well, if one wants to get pedantic, gravity is a quantitative
mathematical model invented by Newton to explain why apples fall from
trees and planets orbit suns.

Please note that we have been discussing gravity and acceleration as
actual physical phenomena, not just math models.

No, we've been discussing math models of physical phenomena.

(Disagreement noted.)

The main point of focus has been that the concept of gravity is
distinct from the concept of acceleration. While the force of gravity
causes acceleration, many accelerations are not caused by the force of
gravity.

Which is irrelevant to your lunatic theory that space engineers and
scientists don't understand the theory.

Perhaps you'd like to offer an explanation as to why astronauts are
quoted as speaking about "no gravity" in orbit, or why NASA scientists
advertise facilities with "low gravity".

~ CT