Old August 12th 04, 06:49 PM
Derek Lyons

Default 50-page brochure (Russian and English) about Progress M50

"Jeff Findley" wrote:
"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"Jeff Findley" wrote:

Since "video and photographic material" are listed last, I'm guessing
that DVD's and magazines don't make up the bulk of that 23 kg.

In 4-5 kg I imagine you could fit at least 6 medium sized magazines
(SI, Time) and an equal number of DVD's.

I'm really surprised that Bob was bitching about this, considering it's such
a small part of the Progress payload.

bob goes out of his way sometimes to find things to bitch about. But
this really does fit his pattern.

The Russians have had a long standing tradition of sending up such morale
boosting personal items to their space stations, so I'm sure they think it's
worth the weight.

However bob is more interested in the appearance (replacing badly
needed supplies with luxury items) than the reality ('luxury' items
that help keep the crew sane).

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.