StarDust
external usenet poster

Default plane took power dive

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 10:18:46 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 10:04:58 PM UTC-7, StarDust wrote:

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 3:18:13 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:26:55 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

On Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:37:45 AM UTC-4, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

that is best I CAN COME UP WITH.PILOT SUICIDE .HE WENT UP TO 50,000 FEET,AND HIT HE WATER SO HARD IT EXPLODED INTO SHRAPNEL.CAME DOWN LIKE A METEORITE. WATER HIDES ALL . TREBERT

IT WILL NEVER BE FOUND IN LESS THAN A BILLION PIECES.GET THE PICTURE

TREBERT

That would be a first. However, it may yet be found as 100% intact.

If the autopilot did the best it could with all passengers and crew dead, it landed in the ocean and is in roughly one piece due to the minimal weight having allowed for a minimal stall speed.

Essential power for flight management is still available from an emergency wind turbine. Remember that a B777-200ER and especially newer versions can be remote piloted or even UAV.

B777 designed to glide to land with auto pilot, all engines off.

If landed on the ocean in one piece and sunk without breaking up, may never be found, I think.

It may take some time and cost us billions, but there's a good dozen qualified nuclear subs (2 or 3 from each of at least 4 to 6 nations) that could maintain grid searching as uninterrupted for the next 6+ months, then resupplied with a fresh crew and provisions for another 6+ month mission. Each and every square meter of that entire ocean would be mapped with more than sufficient resolution.

If it or any large portions of it simply can't be found, that's only because it didn't land in that ocean.

Scanning the hole Indian ocean sound crazy, take a long time and resuorces.
I'm surprised these plane do not have some kind of beacon that can float to the surface, send out broad signals of the location or link up to satellite.