Old March 14th 07, 03:45 AM posted to sci.image.processing,sci.astro.ccd-imaging,comp.graphics.algorithms
Roberto Waltman

Default Matching images from different sources.

"Stupendous_Man" wrote:
If you can reduce your images into a list of discrete
point sources (or tie points, call them what you will),
there are plenty of routines devised by astronomers
to match up the lists and compute the geometric
transformation between the two lists. For example,

http://spiff.rit.edu/match/

No point sources in my case, I am looking mainly for ill-defined areas
at different temperature. Still, may be I can generate "points of
interest" based on local peaks, etc. and apply some of these
techniques. Thanks!

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group,
return address is invalid ]