Old April 30th 04, 10:32 PM
Dennis Persyk

Default M67 Open Cluster

Here I am with a new scope and a full moon. What a dilemma! What to
image?

I settled on M67 as a suitable target, assuming that the moonlight
couldn't ruin an open cluster too much. I average-combined 21
one-minute exposures in the final image. One minute was as long as I
could expose without the moonlight saturating the background with the
fast f/3.3 E160 astrograph.

A screen shot from SkyMap Pro is included on my web page. The
planetarium programs cannot possibly include all of the stars in their
database that my image shows because I can easily image magnitude 20
stars and there are gazillions of them! Please take a look.

http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

I welcome comments from everyone. Thanks for looking.

Clear skies,

Dennis Persyk
Igloo Observatory Home Page http://dpersyk.home.att.net
Hampshire, IL