Old December 22nd 04, 12:11 AM
Pat Flannery

Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker (zili@home) wrote:

[...]
Oh, I'll back Henry. In the beginning the Russians did not really
cluster large amounts of ENGINES - they clustered THRUST CHAMBERS. The
original R-7 ICBM had 'only' five engines, but 32 thrust chambers in
total.

Don't get Henry started on this...he counts every thrust chamber as a
rocket motor in its own right...we went round and round about this years
ago. I argued that my car has four combustion chambers in it, but that
doesn't mean it has four motors.
Steer clear of hydrogen peroxide also- back in the 60's, Henry was a
member of a engineering student revolutionary group that attempted to
push the use of hydrogen peroxide in rockets, and were willing to resort
to violence to achieve that end; the FBI files are full of incidents of
solid rocket fuel production plants being put to the torch by the masked
and bleached blonde members of The Superoxide Radicals. ;-)

Pat