Old November 18th 12, 03:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro,sci.physics
Lofty Goat

Default The PC rEvolution

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 15:20:45 -0800, Double-A wrote:

... I had the use for a while of a Datapoint desktop mini....

Datapoint was the first one I used for a paying job. Collected medical
lab data locally and from a remote lab via a GE Terminet, collated it and
printed lab reports. You can do a lot with a paper-tape reader and two
cassette drives.

It was the first really useful desktop computer in wide use, before
Imsais, Northstars and their kin started turning up in small businesses.

--
Goat