Old April 22nd 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M51, M81 and M82

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I also like using the ED80 and SXV-H9 combination. Yes, I have used the
C9.25. It's a very nice telescope to use. Here is a recent image:
http://www.djcash.demon.co.uk/astro/...March_2007.jpg

At my house I don't have space for an observatory outside so I have to use
my attic. I have a rof window that I have modified to let me poke the
telescope out.
Here are some pictures:
http://www.djcash.demon.co.uk/astro/...loft/loft.html

While not the best location it does allow me to "see" much more of the sky.
Problems include wind and bad seeing. Some more pictures can be found he
http://www.djcash.demon.co.uk/astro/ccd/ccd.htm

I've started to get better images this year since I now make sure I take a
good set of flat images. These really help to get rid of imperfections such
as dust specks and field curvature.

I really like your images, especially since you observe from the middle of
Berlin. I also live close to a big city, Manchester in the UK. We have a
reputation for being a cloudy and rainy city and I think that is true. I
have to make use of every clear sky opportunity that comes along.

Best wishes and clear skies.
David Cash

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
David, the ED80 and the small pixels of the SXV-H9 make a good match, I
like to use them both too.
Have you tried to image with the C9.25? How good is the mount tracking?

Stefan

"David Cash" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi to the group,

With some clear skies here in Manchester UK I managed to get some
reasonable galaxy images. Both images were taken using a Skywatcher ED80
and a Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 CCD camera. I used my Celestron Ultima 9.25
and a Philips Toucam Pro webcam as the guide camera with the excellent
PHD Guiding software package. It was a bit too windy to image with the
U9.25 so they switched roles.

Each image is a stack of 30x5 minute exposures at 1x1 binning. I ran out
of time to get RGB frames as I had to go to bed - work next day !!!!
Processing was done using AstroArt 4 and Photoshop CS. No dark frames
were used, but each of the sub-images was corrected using a master flat
frame made from 25x1 second images, an illuminated white wall and a
T-shirt :-)

Regards
David Cash