Old April 20th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
D van den H[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M51, M81 and M82

David,
Real impressive images you got here. nice shooting.
Nice setup also for this wide field imaging.

rege
Dirk

"David Cash" wrote in message
Hi to the group,

With some clear skies here in Manchester UK I managed to get some
reasonable galaxy images. Both images were taken using a Skywatcher ED80
and a Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 CCD camera. I used my Celestron Ultima 9.25
and a Philips Toucam Pro webcam as the guide camera with the excellent PHD
Guiding software package. It was a bit too windy to image with the U9.25
so they switched roles.

Each image is a stack of 30x5 minute exposures at 1x1 binning. I ran out
of time to get RGB frames as I had to go to bed - work next day !!!!
Processing was done using AstroArt 4 and Photoshop CS. No dark frames were
used, but each of the sub-images was corrected using a master flat frame
made from 25x1 second images, an illuminated white wall and a T-shirt :-)

Regards
David Cash