Old August 25th 03, 01:45 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Default inefficient turbo-pumps and Isp

Ian Woollard :

Zoltan Szakaly wrote:

The optimum thrust to weight at takeoff for a rocket is around 1.5,

Actually no, it depends on the rocket, mainly on the staging scheme;
some rockets (especially two or more stage rockets) can optimise at
around 3g takeoff.

Zoltan

When I did some simple modelling of my designs I found 4.5g to be the best,
since I had a very simple drag model that I don't trust I would also agree
the 3g does a very good job for some designs.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to