Old May 18th 07, 03:22 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default RELATIVITY HYPNOTISTS EXPLAIN THE POUND AND REBKA EXPERIMENT

Eric Gisse wrote:
On May 17, 8:55 am, Pentcho Valev wrote:

[...]

What is it like to have a life so empty that you have to do stuff like
this?

Empty, tragic etc. So empty that additionally I considered this:

http://www.blazelabs.com/f-g-gcont.asp "The first confirmation of a
long range variation in the speed of light travelling in space came in
1964. Irwin Shapiro, it seems, was the first to make use of a
previously forgotten facet of general relativity theory -- that the
speed of light is reduced when it passes through a gravitational
field....Faced with this evidence, Einstein stated:"In the second
place our result shows that, according to the general theory of
relativity, the law of the constancy of the velocity of light in
vacuo, which constitutes one of the two fundamental assumptions in the
special theory of relativity and to which we have already frequently
referred, cannot claim any unlimited validity. A curvature of rays of
light can only take place when the velocity of propagation of light
varies with position."......Today we find that since the Special
Theory of Relativity unfortunately became part of the so called
mainstream science, it is considered a sacrilege to even suggest that
the speed of light be anything other than a constant. This is somewhat
surprising since even Einstein himself suggested in a paper "On the
Influence of Gravitation on the Propagation of Light," Annalen der
Physik, 35, 1911, that the speed of light might vary with the
gravitational potential. Indeed, the variation of the speed of light
in a vacuum or space is explicitly shown in Einstein's calculation for
the angle at which light should bend upon the influence of gravity.
One can find his calculation in his paper. The result is c'=c(1+V/c^2)
where V is the gravitational potential relative to the point where the
measurement is taken. 1+V/c^2 is also known as the GRAVITATIONAL
REDSHIFT FACTOR."

Now I am not su Is the above text consistent with Master Tom
Roberts' interpretation (1)? Or perhaps with Master Tom Roberts'
interpretation (2)? Why don't you resolve the problem? If you do, you
will become Master Tom Roberts' PhD student. All faithful sycophants
sooner or later become Master Tom Roberts' PhD students. This is
inevitable.

Pentcho Valev