Old February 29th 04, 12:20 AM
Andrew Gray

In article , Rick DeNatale wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:44:14 +0000, Dave Kenworthy wrote:

Having the first round of _American Idol_ (or its UK equivalents) conducted
in a vacuum would be a wonderful idea, and would eliminate a nice number of
contestants.

Two points

1) Isn't American Idol another rip-off of a British Show rather than the
other way around?

Look, we're sorry. We'll try and make amends. Honest.

2) The early rounds of American Idol are a hoot. And this year, they
produced a star in the form of "She bangs!" Hung.

I was unable to take these things seriously. Then this happened:

http://www.dsu.org.uk/freshers/ball/drspod.php

The realisation that many intelligent people, accepted to a prestigious
and respected university, were getting excited at the prospect of seeing
someone who'd made an idiot of himself on television perform... well, it
was scary...

(I did like his theory that someone with a PhD winning it would be
interesting, though...)

--
-Andrew Gray