Old February 28th 04, 04:19 AM
Hop David

Dave Kenworthy wrote:
"Hop David" wrote in message

snip

A possible format for the G-Prize or X-Prize: Have a series of tasks in
a vacuum that the contestants would try to accomplish in a certain time
limit. The first task eliminates a good fraction of the contestants as
in _American Idol_. Each step of the contest could be televised. It
could be an entertaining show.

Having the first round of _American Idol_ (or its UK equivalents) conducted
in a vacuum would be a wonderful idea, and would eliminate a nice number of
contestants.

Well yes, I agree.

I asked my daughter her opinion of an H-prize show. She informed me that
what _I_ thought was entertaining was unlikely to have mass appeal.

She did note that there are some nerdy reality shows on TLC that seem to
be making money.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html