Old July 2nd 18, 11:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

Default Saturn seasons

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 1:30:14 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
On Thursday, June 28, 2018 at 9:19:54 PM UTC+1, palsing wrote:

Do you know what else you could see from Saturn?

The phases of the Earth and the smaller orbital circumference which allows for that perspective just as Venus displays those orbital traits to us.

You would also see the stars transition from left to right of the Sun as Saturn orbits our central star just as we see the transition from the Earth for stars close to the orbital plane.

I am delighted that people do understand the new perspectives and I, as a Christian, am not put out by the lack of personal acknowledgement. Another Paul ,after which you are named, said what this total unselfishness means concisely -

"What have you that you have not received from God? and if you have received it, why do you glory as if you had not received it?"

Actually, I was named after an actor and comedian named Paul Desmond, who was a close friend and classmate of my father. Perhaps he was named after another Paul, but of this, I have no knowledge.

Yes, all fine and dandy, but you have not confirmed my earlier observation that from Saturn you would observe our moon rotating on its axis once for each of its revolutions around the Earth. It is the case, you know, no matter how much you want to deny it.