Old April 26th 18, 05:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default Actual time lapse vs distorted time lapse

Gerald Kelleher wrote:

It is well over a decade since I used the analogy of walking/orbiting a
central object/Sun to demonstrate as an analogy how all parts of your
body face the central object (chair,table, ect) as you complete that
orbit. This not only represents the cause of the polar day/night cycle in
isolation but also when combined with daily rotations creates the seasons
and the variations in the natural noon cycle.

If you had any powers of visualisation you wouldn’t write such rubbish. If
I walk anti - clockwise in a circle around an object (starting from the
east) my left side is facing the object at all times. All parts of my body
will not face the object. Of course as I walk around the object I will face
north then west then south then east and after I reach 360 degrees north
again. So I will have rotated 360 degrees as I walked around. If I faced
North all the time I would have had to shuffle with a awkward gait going
sideways forwards and backwards in an uneasy combination.
That’s why the moon needs to rotate to keep one face visible from Earth.
Try this with a convenient tree.