Old April 24th 12, 11:15 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
N_Cook

Default Sky at Night: Who best to take over from Patrick Moore

Quornhog wrote in message
And then there's always Jon Culshaw:

"Good evening. I am the Doctor and you're watching 'The Sky at Night'.
See those stars? I've been to them!"

Just a thought...

On 22/04/2012 12:59, Quornhog wrote:
Has everybody forgotten Heather Couper and Alex Lovell?

On 22/04/2012 11:22, N_Cook wrote:
Dave wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:08:28 -0700 (PDT), James Harris wrote:

Are there any others I have missed who should be considered?

Helen
--
Cheers
Dave.

A non-astronomer is no bad thing, avoids the rather faux double act of
Paul
Abel (good TV presence so must be high in the list) and Pete Lawrence
both
very knowledgeable on the subject.
Czerski with good TV presence and a science background probably a good
contender
I did not realise she was local - I'll have to try and get her to give

talk on the science of bubbles to the Southamton Sci caf group
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/scicaf.htm
Any central South Coast atronomers could give a talk? its been a while
since the talk on the CMB

--
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."

Or even Darra O'Brien after that programme from Jodrell Bank a few months
back .
And his spot-on quip relating to the LHC supraluminal neutrinos and his
request to viewers of the programme , currently in the future, to email back
to confirm the phenomenon