Old September 20th 06, 10:59 PM posted to sci.astro.seti
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default Are pulsars alien communications devices?

"Broken Spear" wrote in message

Yes they are our navigation beacons like gps. LGM's are real.

That makes perfect sense to me, though why would smart ETs have any need
for LGMs, especially if they can simply push a moon into Earth?
Although the truth and that which the regular laws of physics has to
offer is usually why such nifty beacons would make any sense whatsoever.

Those GPS/LGMs seems as though a good idea, especially if you ever
needed a really good 3D interstellar navigation system.

BTW; what's so great about an LGM transponder as opposed to an optical
GPS that's also performing as a vast communications node?
-
Brad Guth