Old May 21st 05, 01:58 PM
Charles Francis

In message , Jose B. Almeida
writes
Charles Francis wrote

I do not think there is any doubt that there is a great deal right with

the study of cosmology based on general relativity, and if anyone is to

have anything useful to say they will first have to master that much.
Then they will have to delve deep into the issues as to what could be
changed in gr so as to resolve the clash with quantum theory, without
upsetting the body of correct theory in the classical correspondence.
Maybe then they will have some insight into observational problems in
current cosmology.

----------------

I couldn't agree more with you, Charles, and I am sure there are others
sharing this view among those participating in the conference.

Then why allow abstracts stating, as Baryshev does "There are several
especially spectacular puzzles in the standard cosmological model
related to the expanding space 1) recession velocities of galaxies can
be much more than the velocity of light; 2) cosmological redshift is not
due to the Doppler effect; 3) global gravitational redshift exists in
homogeneous matter distribution; etc. Likewise the criticisms of Tomes.
Surely Baryshev should have been told to read an undergraduate text on
general relativity before presenting a paper at such a level of drivel.
And at the same time you adopt a policy of hostility toward submissions
which do address the issues raised by unification.

Regards

--
Charles Francis