Old July 14th 03, 02:20 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default Sun's position relative to the planets?

"I_am_on_Saturn" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Is Sun positioned at the center of the elliptical orbits of all the
planets?

Keep in mind an ellipse has two "centers" positioned along the semi-major
axis.

The sun is at ONE of these centers.

If so, why would we have to define nearest and farthest
points of planet from Sun? If not so, what is the relative position of
Sun relative to all the planets?

I am trying to get the above information because I am building a Java
applet to show the Solar system and for the purpose of display, I need
to know the relative position of the Sun with respect to the planets.

Thank you for your time,
Saturn