Old October 2nd 18, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default It's Autumn in the Northwest ...

On Monday, October 1, 2018 at 6:37:01 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Still staying about 90.No clouds no birds and weather is boring.Spent 12 hours with Sandy.We drank to much wine,and found a great rib place.We had Hollyday pool for ourselves.They are not doing any business.Van running good,but keeping my fingers cross. It needs a good paint job. Bert

A lovely 70F as of 1:45 PM here in Gresham. Wind west at 9 mph. Partly cloudy. So far dry. Humidity 45%. Barometric pressure has been dropping. (I found my old barometer!) Blue Jays and Crows come everyday to my backyard, as do the squirrels. Lots of other birds too around here. I've seen some Woodpeckers lately too.

Gresham had their annual Teddy Bear parade last Saturday. I am still not sure what the point of that is. But the mayor, Shane Bemis, is up for reelection, so it gave him an opportunity to ride in a parade. He has been mayor of Gresham for 12 years. He is 46 years old. Gresham is Oregon's fourth-largest city.

Double-A