Old July 27th 08, 11:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

On Jul 27, 1:24 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message...

On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:

For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html

You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?

Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Polarization filters have been around a long time, Brad.
You can get one for your home scope just about anywhere.
They have several applications.

This is just the first time astronomers realized that they
can use polarization filters to get a clearer look at the
disks that surround black holes.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net

As I'd said, perhaps they should also be informed that Earth isn't
flat, because that too could make a difference.

Good grief. Isn't polarized optics part of preschool astronomy
duh-101?

Are you saying that the best of our astronomers are mentally slow, and
that others simply don't have a clue?

No wonder their deductive observationology skills are still in the
nearest space toilet.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth