Old March 25th 07, 12:47 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Protagonist

Default Where atmospheric Nitrogen comes from?

Sam Wormley wrote:
Protagonist wrote:
Most our Oxygen 21% comes from photosynthesis, plant life!
Our atmosphere is 80% nitrogen, where does it come from?
Thx!
JS

Vulcan ism.

The solar nebular contained all the oxygen and nitrogen.
the region out to about 30 AU was later swept up into
planets and asteroids.

Earth's Early Years: Differentiation, Water and Early Atmosphere

http://www.globalchange.umich.edu/gl...ion_years.html

Origin of the Earth's Atmosphere
http://www.ux1.eiu.edu/~cfjps/1400/atmos_origin.html

OK! Than what maintains todays 80% Nitrogen gases in the our atmospheres!
Does animal life contribute to it, like termites, cows etc... breathing
out ammonia?
Thx!
JS