Old June 16th 04, 04:52 PM
Greg Crinklaw

Default Sci.astro.research experiment for astro.amateur

Tom Rankin wrote:
Greg Crinklaw wrote:

After all, to be a true nut one must stand alone in knowing THE TRUTH
in a sea of billions of people, not one of whom gets it.

Must be pretty lonely, but in the end very gratifying to know you are
the smartest person on the entire planet...

You mean like Albert Einstein? :-)

To quote him loosely, "If my theory is proved wrong, I would feel sorry
for God". Talk about Hubris!

He didn't mean that literally, of course...

This idea of the lonely outcast who is an unrecognized genius who will
one day prevail is like the mythology surrounding Bonnie and Clyde and
other outlaws; it's just so much cultural baloney. Like all myths,
people may enjoy the idea but the reality is far different...

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

To reply have a physician remove your spleen