Old September 28th 17, 12:49 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Big Antarctic iceberg edges out to sea

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:57:01 -0500, Mark Storkamp

Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:42:21 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 09:39:54 UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:56:27 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 06:28:45 UTC-4, StarDust wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41366504

When A-68 moves clear of its birth position it will reveal seafloor
that probably has not been free of ice cover for 120,000 years - during
the peak of the last warm phase in Earth's history known as the Eemian.

Maybe, finally Hitler is found under the ice sheet? (o:

We are in a warming phase now and have been since the last ice-age ended.

We are riding a very slow natural warming phase since the last
interglacial (we are still in an ice age). On top of that we are
riding a very rapid warming phase which is almost entirely the product
of human activity.

Uh....no.

You are factually in error. Clearly a science denier.

Maybe they teach science differently now than they used to, but I
remember it being:

1. Make observations

2. Develop a theory

3. Make predictions based on theory

4. Observe results

5. Revise theory as needed based on new findings.

I'm seeing steps 1 through 3 being carried out in 'climate science', but
I'm not seeing much in the way of 4 or 5.

Then you are not keeping up with the science. Existing models produce
predictions which are strongly supported by observations, and where
they are not, the models are being revised and getting better all the
time.

Exactly what science is supposed to do.

That the current heating trend is the product of human activities is
no longer questioned. It has been overwhelmingly confirmed and is
considered beyond reasonable doubt. A fact. At this point, the science
is directed towards improving the resolution of models and removing
the few remaining empirical terms in order to better predict the
extent and magnitude of the effects.