Old November 17th 06, 08:16 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,alt.sci.physics.new-theories,alt.astronomy.solar
Double-A[_1_]

Default LARSON -ian Binary-Star Formation

Sorcerer wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
ups.com...

| Sorcerer wrote:
| "Double-A" wrote in message
| ups.com...
| |
| | Sorcerer wrote:
| | "Double-A" wrote in message
| | oups.com...
| | |
| | | Sorcerer wrote:
| | | "Double-A" wrote in message
| | | oups.com...
| | | What did Dewey think about de Sitter's observations?
| | |
| | | Double-A
| | |
| | | You still don't have a grip on deSitter, do you?
| | |
| | |
| | | Look carefully at this orbit.
| | | http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wheel.gif
| | |
| | | Periastron is at one of
| | | A) 12:00 o'clock
| | | B) 7:00 o'clock
| | | C) 4:00 o'clock
| | | D) Other?
| | |
| | | Explain your answer.
| | |
| | | C. That's where it "looks" closest to the center, if that's what
you
| | | mean.
| |
| | Not quite what I mean. By the shadow of the wheel it looks like
| | 12 o'clock is closest to the centre, doesn't it?
| |
| |
| | Maybe the shadow is closest to center.
| |
| |
| | What else do you know about perisatron?
| |
| |
| |
| | It's the location in double star's orbits where they are closest
| | together.
| |
| | But what does this have to do with de Sitter mirages?
| |
| | Double-A
|
| Maybe you are not a thinker, maybe you want to be spoon-fed.
| Maybe anyone can spoon-feed you bull**** and you'll swallow it.
|

| Is that what you're trying to feed me now?

I resent that implication. You are the one feeding me with "maybe".

| Maybe you simply don't know enough to work it out.
| Is science about "maybe", "could be", "might be", "I guess"?
|

| Periastron is the fastest part of the orbit.
|

| Which would be identical to the part were the stars are the closest,
| just like I said.
|

| Periastron is at one of
| A) 12:00 o'clock
| B) 7:00 o'clock
| C) 4:00 o'clock
| D) Other?
|

| In your animation, the star also moves the fastest at 4:00 o'clock. It
| seems to take sort of a quantum leap everytime it gets there.

Yes. Unfortunately we've had still frames in movies since movies began.
If that is your critique this is little I can do about it, write to
Hollywood
and complain to them about the quantum leap.
Is that the bull**** you're trying to whine to me now, or shall we get over
your resentment and discuss physics?

So why is the wheel an ellipse, and why isn't the shadow an identical
ellipse? What is the shape of a wheel anyway? Do you often see elliptical
wheels?

My interpretation is that I am not seeing the wheel side-on, but
rotated about 45 degrees, so of course it would look like an ellipse
from that angle. The shadow I would be seeing from a different angle.
Of course if it were a star in orbit, it would be an ellipse because
that's how things orbit.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

Double-A