Old April 28th 04, 08:14 AM
Andrew Cockburn

Ho Colin,

As I said, the circuit was is a modified version of one that I found on the
net. Here's some more details about the circuit itself....

Thanks for the detail :-)
Also, if I could persuade you to share your PCB design when you are
ready that would be great !

Here's the link to my PCB Layout.

http://www.cjdawson76.btinternet.co....dicatorPCB.jpg

I haven't done any electronics since I were a lad (this is a great
reason to get back intot it!) - In those days I made PCBs using
transfers and etch resist pens. Is the photo-etching expensive to get
setup ? I bet the results are a lot better .. I'll do a little surfing
and see I think.

A Car starter will keep you going to quite a while. You might even decide
not to try to *improve* on it. Another alternative that I thought about was
to have the Dewheater and scope power in one box, then a lead that connects
to the Jumpstarter.

At the very least it removes the urgency and lets me think about it in
more detail.
In all my vast experience of using the scope (1 night !) I haven't dewed
up yet, but
as soon as I do I know I'll wish I had the dew-heater handy so I'll
probably plug on
and get it going anyway. which means I also need to do the power thingy.

As for the box, I'm also crap a woodwork, but I just can't seem to find a
box that even comes close to fitting my needs. So I've decided to bite the
bullet and build one from wood. It's taking alot of thinking about, but
it'll be worth it in the end.

Good luck with that ! If I can't find the right kind of toolbox I may be
forced to do the same. I've got a mate who could help though, so maybe
for the price of a few beers I can get one together.

Regards,

Andrew

Regards

Colin Dawson