Old January 24th 18, 09:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default In Five Billion Years when the Sun goes Red Giant

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 2:58:37 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Consult the very good resources on this.

To put things in perspective, 5 billion is 5,000 million, and each
million is 1,000 millennia ! So 5 billion is 5 million millennia !
Only a measly 2 millennia will take you all the way back to the start
of the Roman empire. So 5 billion is 2500 times that ! Suggest you
don't hold your breath.

I am just talking the way the enthusiastic scientists are talking. They are already making plans on how we are going to migrate to the stars five billion years from now. Seems they don't think we are going to die!