Old April 20th 16, 08:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default And you thought global warming theory was B.S? This iseven more ridiculous. Controlling gravity

wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 2:54:32 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:
wsnell01 wrote:
On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 1:30:53 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

There are no British subjects. The term is British citizens.

To whom/what do you pledge/swear allegiance?

Case closed.

This pledging and swearing allegiance is for Americans. We don't bother
with such nonsense. There is a ceremony for those taking British
citizenship though.

...and in many other situations roughly paralleling the US Pledge of Allegiance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_o...ted_Kingdom%29

Again, case closed.

I have never pledged allegiance and if forced to I would register a
protest. I am in favour of a republic but like most British I'm not that
bothered since the royal family have little power and it would be a lot of
trouble to get rid of them.

Yet in the USA you force children in most states to recite the ridiculous
and unconstitutional pledge of allegiance at school.

Madness!