Old February 6th 14, 11:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Genesis and Matthew

On Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:45:21 PM UTC-5, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:04:14 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc

wrote:

It is true that his Christian faith, and for that matter, some things specific to Roman Catholic theology, are connected with his astronomical views. But this is not a reason to be insulting to the majority of the people around us, who hold the Bible to be the Word of God.

I have no respect at all for those who base their worldview on faith.
Faith is at the root of nearly everything wrong in the world. Faith is
an intellectual defect of the highest order. And telling somebody they
are wrong (as Christians are) is not an insult. If they choose to take
it as such, tough. I don't care. They're wrong about that, too.

Peterson, did you write this?:

"The right
to religion has been limited throughout history, to the point where
its existence is doubtful (and ought to be limited today in free
societies, such as making it illegal to teach children about religion,
or take them to church)."