Old October 25th 05, 11:23 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

Default No straight answers from NASA on depressurization event on Soyuz descent

"John Doe" wrote in message ...
"Greg D. Moore (Strider)" wrote:
As long as NASA astronauts are expected to ride Soyuz, I expect NASA to

be
forthcoming on the risks.

Reverse the table for a minute. Do you really expect the russians be the
first to release NASA information on glitches on shuttle flights that
carried russians cosmonauts ?

Umm, that's not what I'm saying, so no reveral necessary.

Do you really think NASA would be happy
with this ?

NASA is expected to be held accountable and release the informationa
about glitches on its shuttle.

Yes, and they do.

the Russians are expected to be held accountable and release the
information about glitches on Soyuz.

Which they don't, to NASA or others. But as Jim Oberg and myself are
taxpayers, I'd expect NASA to be more demanding of the Russians and then
share what they know.

As a quasi customer/guest of Soyuz, NASA itself can ask the russians for
an explanation, but it isn't its role to make that information public.

Customer/guest? Ummm, try partner.

And yes, it is its role to make that information public.