Old March 14th 04, 08:56 PM
Greg Neill

Default Let the Conspiracy Theories begin: Mysterious object in our Solar System

"Greg Neill" wrote in message
news

2004 DW?
Some info:

http://www.gps.caltech.edu/~chad/2004dw/

I don't think so. This one is smaller than Pluto. They're calling it
"Sedna".

And at 10 billion kilometers out, that puts it at over
twice Pluto's distance (66AU versus 30AU). Interesting.

I guess we'll have to wait for the press conference to
get any specifics.

Sorry about following up my own post.

I've been doing a bit more searching on the web,
and have found some contradictory information in
the articles available.

The Times of India (of all things) puts it at
about 6 billion km, and slightly smaller than
Pluto. It also says that it was discovered by
"Michael Brown, associate professor of planetary
astronomy at California Institute of Technology."

The web page I referenced above was a page from
M. Brown's team member, Chad Trujillo, which is
why I made the inference. 2004 DW seems to bear
great similarities to this Sedna object.