Old March 7th 07, 09:34 AM posted to alt.astronomy.solar,sci.astro,alt.sci.astro
The TimeLord

Default Kstars

David Foster wrote:
Has anyone here ever used Kstars? It's a linux/Gnome application
showing you the night sky. It's fairly versatile.

Yes, I've used Kstars. I agree it's a good program. However, since I
now have the horsepower on my system (AMD64+2G RAM with a decent video
card and 160M SATA drive), I prefer Stellarium and Celestia for
astronomy shows. I still use Xephem for telescope session planning
though, since it's lean and it's more geared toward professional use.

BTW, Kstars is not Gnome; it's KDE/Qt. - Clear skies!

--
// The TimeLord says:
// Pogo 2.0 = We have met the aliens, and they are us!