Old February 25th 04, 12:28 AM
Hop David

Default Working Hand In Glove

Len wrote:
iable,

(snip) Telerobots will
do most of the routine, "outside" work. Small, manned,
maneuverable, support vehicles may be an important adjunct.

As I mentioned earlier, robotic hands are still a poor, clumsy
substitute for real hands. But robotic hands will improve sooner or
later (hopefully sooner).

Assembling an automobile requires only about 20 man-hours;
nearly all the work is done by robots. But a certain amount
of manned presence is critical.

Repetitive assembly line tasks are comparable to orbital construction?
It'd be nice to have the economy of scale where we'd have assembly lines.

If so, then the "factory floor" would have to be assembled in space.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html