Old May 6th 09, 08:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Arp 134 A very familiar galaxy

Adriano wrote:
Great image Rick! One nit though, there seems to be a lot of spurious
color in the halo; big green and red splotches.

Rick Johnson wrote:
Arp 134 is a galaxy very familiar to amateur astronomers being it is
one of the biggest and brightest galaxies in the sky and looks
perfectly normal to the eye and in most photos. I'm talking about the
giant elliptical galaxy M49.

Rick

Yep, clouds rolled in giving a haze layer when taking green and blue
frames. Thus their S/N ratio is lower than the red. Hence the problem.
I was going to retake it but 5 weeks of clouds caused me to go with
what I had. I'll try again next year.

Rick