Old March 29th 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_3_]

Default ASTRO: Crawling out of winter

J McBride wrote:
Hi, This is my first deep-sky astro image since last November. We have
gotten over 105" of snow this season and its not even April. Rick I don't
even want to hear about it because we get everything you get...just a bit
warmer. I live in west MI and the weather flows through your area first
then on to us:-) I was a little rusty remembering how everything worked
but I did manage to get this test shot of the Leo Trio. As you can see the
frame was not centered very well. 4 x 3min @ 800asa with 4" TAK with f/6
reducer. Canon XTi modded shot in JPEG mode.

Thanks for lookin'

Joe

Nice shot of the triplets.

105" is way beyond what we got here. Only about 40" though we needed
the 105" to help with the severe drought we are in here. Think we were
too cold to snow most of the time. Also the path went south of us
angling up your way. I'll take the cold over all that snow.

Still have about 18" on the ground here where the sun doesn't hit.
Yours must be a lot deeper. Lake ice is still almost 2' thick as well.
More in the forecast though it usually melts in a couple days so
doesn't stick around. Just makes the snow free date move farther into
the future.

Rick