Old February 20th 17, 01:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

Default Planet near Proxima Centauri (Travel time)

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 10:50:04 PM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:00:02 -0800, BogeyOne
wrote:

My thinking is that science is not capable of everything and visiting
even the nearest stars is a good example.

It is well within our scientific capacity, and the engineering
problems could be solved in short order, to make practical robotic
trips to a few nearby stars with mission times under a century (which
is still problematic given our political and social immaturity).

I do not doubt that millions
upon millions of other developed civilizations exist in this universe...

Maybe. But it's possible that most or all are like us, unlikely to
survive as a technological species long enough to venture far from
their birthplace before going extinct.

Nihilistic nonsense. AGW will certainly not be the cause of such
extinction, so why are you so adamant about it?