Old January 20th 10, 07:41 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig---undress to reply

Default "Higgs In Space" or Where's Waldo?

[Moderator's note: Posted to only sci.astro.research. -P.H.]

In article , Oh No
writes:

Okay, then I will publically assert the contrary. That is to say I hold
that (a) and (b) are true, but, even assuming that it works properly,
Lisa may not detect gravitational waves at the predicted amplitude.
Reason being that in relational quantum gravity gtr correctly describes
gravitation in a binary star system, but I cannot predict the
transmission of gravitational waves through a vacuum according to the
equations of gtr.

Then, in this respect at least, rqg is not a good theory. (A good
theory---one which makes testable predictions---can of course be wrong.)

Just for fun, I will put money on it. 50 quid says we don't find
gravitational waves at the expected amplitude according to gtr. Let me
emphasize again, this is a gamble for me, because I can't actually make
a prediction, but I am 100% sure of rqg, and I think it is a good gamble
that gravitational waves have a lower amplitude, if they exist at all.

Do you pay 50 quid to all who claim it? We will all pay you 50 quid if
your hunch is right.