Old January 10th 04, 11:15 PM
Alan Figgatt

Default NASA to Start From Scratch in New [Moon/Mars Exploration] Effort

Charles Buckley wrote:

Alan Figgatt wrote:

You seem to be fixated on using the shuttle launch system for sending
missions to the
moon.

You're new here, aren't you?

Go to google and do a search on newsgroup for Tom. You'll be able to
get a good feel for the way he wants to develop things.

No, I am not completely new here, but have mostly lurked here on and off for a few
years. But I did not realize that I had replied to Mr Shuttle C is the answer to
everything until I saw your posting. Oops. I should have realized I was wasting my time
because of the bit about placing solar arrays on the moon and beaming the power to Earth
via microwaves. Long way to be beaming power with very large tracking antennas required at
one end or the other; simply not going to be practicable within our lifetimes.

Alan Figgatt