Old December 9th 04, 07:47 AM
Brad Guth

I still believe that many individuals can honestly share and share alike
on the various methods of accomplishing this task of relocating ISS, or
I'll also expect that most of the opposition will remain content as
their usual borg like collectives obstructing at absolutely anything I'm
suggesting. I know darn well that the talents, software and essentially
all the resources are out there, as currently available and as mostly
bought and paid for many times over by the public/taxpayer, including
the resident expertise we've all been paying for over the last 3+decades
that should have been on top of this nearby and easily obtainable quest
as of at least a decade ago.

I have some basic questions;

1) how much energy and for how long in terms of getting ISS to drift
nicely into position at ME-L1 (+/- 2.55%).

2) Since there's going to be so much less friction involved, a
robotically managed zero gravity influence factor, and tidal forces
supposedly working on behalf of ISS; how much station-keeping energy is
this task going to require?

3) deploying a tether to the moon, possibly a javelin probe as being
deployed into the lunar basalt as anchor; how much would this initial
tether need to represent in overall mass?

Regards, Brad GUTH / GASA~IEIS
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/lunar-space-elevator.htm