Old September 19th 03, 06:03 PM
Martha H Adams

Default "Orbital Mechanics for Dummies"

I don't see a popular "Orbital Mechanics for Dummies" book getting
published into the everyday world, but I sure could use one here. I
turned up my nose at them when the first Dummies books came out, but
after a while I looked into one to see what it did and how it did it;
and I was impressed. I think the "Dummies" label is overdone,
probably as a sales point, and the idea of straightforward
unelaborated text is a winner.

Since we aren't going to see an "Orbital Mechanics for Dummies" book,
could we have an occasionally updated, annotated reading list? Like
what I see up this thread, but more compact and dedicated to its
Orbital Mechanics for Dummies topic? So that whoever couldn't find
one particular book could get ideas what others to try for? So that
the readers could find serious relevant information and *problem sets*
to work?

Thanks -- Martha Adams