Old March 2nd 21, 10:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Default First-ever space hotel slated to be operational by 2027

Jeff Findley pounded on thar keyboard to tell us
In article ,
says...

"This decade will see the start and completion of construction on humanity?s
first hotel in outer space, according to the group behind it, Orbital
Assembly.

The 3-year-old company plans to begin building Voyager Station in low Earth
orbit in 2025, and believes its interstellar resort may be operational as
soon as 2027, the Daily Mail reported.

Renderings of the celestial hotel are cosmic-chic: Individual pods are
attached to a rotating wheel, with tubes connecting the different areas
forming an X, similar to the wheel?s spokes.

Guests won?t be paying only for the novelty of the setting ? there will be a
slew of onboard amenities, including themed restaurants, a health spa, a
cinema, gyms, libraries, concert venues, Earth-viewing lounges and bars, in
addition to rooms for 400 people. Necessities including crew quarters, air,
water and power will also take up a portion of the space facility."

See:

https://nypost.com/2021/03/01/first-...ional-by-2027/

By 2025? I call bull****. Actually, I call bull**** on the entirety of
this.

Well, China's station ... admittedly a lot smaller ... is only supposed
to take a year to build, starting this year.

Maybe Orbital Assembly has cribbed some of Jeff Bezos' plans for ONeill
habitats.

What's lead time on a Bigelow module versus an MPLM or a Cygnus?
[Ignoring the time to recall furloughed employees.]

/dps

--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain