Old February 11th 07, 03:59 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Protagonist

Default Meade Series 5000 ED Triplet

RMOLLISE wrote:
On Feb 10, 4:52 am, "willismat" wrote:
I have been out of observing for a while, and was looking for another
small grab-and-go scope to get me back outside at night. I just saw
this 80/480mm refractor listed on Astronomics website. Anyone know
anything about this new scope, whether there'll be larger ones along
the same line...?
I did remember that their eyepieces were redesigned/restyled a while
back and were being called the 5000 Series, and that they stopped
making the ED doublets.

Hi:

See http://cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=1619

for a good review of this Meade import.

Very similar scopes are available from William Optics _right now_.

Unk Rod

Right! Fo mo money and triplet not!?
JS