Old January 11th 19, 06:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

Default Mysterious radio signals from deep space detected

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 18:35:04 -0500, Davoud wrote:
The epithet "mysterious" is a bit too sensationalist for me. "...not
yet identified the process..." seems more reasonable.

Indeed. However some people seem to enjoy mysteries. They don't
**want** to know, they enjoy not knowing. Perhaps they enjoy the
apparent freedom of not knowing because then you can ponder more
different possibilities which do not contradict what you know. Once
you do know, most of those possibilities vanish (e.g. ET's on Mars
when we learnt that the Martian canals weren't real).