Old August 24th 03, 11:40 PM
Derek Lyons

Default PRA - Public's Risk Assessment on Safety

rk wrote:
Personal opinion: I think that many people realize that it's risky
business and will accept that. However, that gets turned around for
mishaps that could have and perhaps should have been prevented.

From the evidence in hand, it remains unclear whether Columbia could

have been prevented or mitigated. It possible in theory, but there is
nothing to make a clear call one way or the other. I await with
interest to see if the CAIB report is rational, or adopts the 'they
shoulda tried everything, anything' approach.

D.
--
The STS-107 Columbia Loss FAQ can be found
at the following URLs:

Text-Only Version:
http://www.io.com/~o_m/columbia_loss_faq.html

Enhanced HTML Version:

Corrections, comments, and additions should be
e-mailed to , as well as posted to
sci.space.history and sci.space.shuttle for
discussion.