Old February 15th 10, 03:53 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
giveitawhirl2008

Default Bye-bye Moon program, hello ISS to 2020

On Feb 13, 2:21*pm, (Craig Bingman) wrote:
In article ,

Derek Lyons wrote:
It's not so much that, but rather that if the science isn't exciting
the people don't think it's science. *Decades of edutainment have done
that for us.

The Station Science page is poorly executed and yes, it completely fails to capture
the attention of fellow scientists from related fields, let alone the general public's
attention. *

If you would like to see a good example of communicating science to the taxpaying public,
look he

http://kb.psi-structuralgenomics.org/

and he

http://www.pdb.org/

When I look at the Station Science page, I would expect to be able to see a photograph
describing the experiment, an experimental result for completed missions, perhaps
a photograph of the experiment _in situ_ at ISS, and optimally, a brief video from
someone at NASA or the experimental group explaining why I should care about this
experiment.

If there is such a page describing station science, I'd love to be directed to it. *

*

The closest thing to the science page you're looking for is:

http://ryushin018.files.wordpress.co...the_worlds.jpg