Old February 13th 10, 10:50 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Bye-bye Moon program, hello ISS to 2020

On Feb 13, 2:34�pm, (Craig Bingman) wrote:
In article ,
Brian Thorn wrote:

Except that, maybe one has: a vaccine for salmonella.
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/0...a-vaccine.html

Maybe, but it is unclear to me what part of the putative vaccine development
was actually made possible by the microgravity experiments.

Just because a group did work on (A) the effect of microgravity on bacterial
virulence and the same group is (B) doing work on a vaccine does not mean that
A led to B. �

It is a bit of a stretch, based on what I know about the molecular mechanisms
of bacterial virulence, but I would love to be mistaken.

Hey solar space power is a great wonderful idea

China can design build and launch it for a fraction of what it would
cost in the US. Elminates minimum wage OSHA and lots other costs like
social security.

So china can beam down the power and sell it to us.

While they are at it their coal to gasoline plants can sell us all the
gasoline we need too.

Why build ANYTHING IN OUR COUNTRY? while others can do it cheaper?

Heck just buy space access from china onboard their new space station.

While waiting for a berth on one of their many moon missions. We can
go as tourists.

Chinas profits can be reinvested in Mars and asteroid missions.

Wonder what china will charge to deflect a asteroid from hitting the
US?