Old March 18th 04, 07:57 PM
News

ok it looks like im spending more money, thanks for the replies,

Simon
"Martin Frey" wrote in message
"News" wrote:

are they as bad as people say?, im looking for a cheap second scope

Slightly OT as it's not a Tasco, but I was given a telecope (as an
alternative to it going to the tip) last night - a Galactic Explorer -
copyright on the box says 1997, with a 45mm glass - yes glass! - lens.
No pictures from Hubble on the box but a fairly optimistic close up of
a lunar crater. Tripod slightly more wobbly than a paper clip, 2
eyepieces, 50x and 100x. I baffle half way down the tube, slipped and
almost totally blocking all light. Had that been there from new?

No chance to try it last night - but I knew immediately I was looking
into a box, not of delight, but of disappointment and despair.

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk